01 Apr SPRING IS HERE!
It is time to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather! Here are a few helpful tips to help make this time of year more enoyable!
Tips to help prevent venomous bites or stings:
- It helps if you do not look or smell like a flower – Avoid wearing shiny jewelry and perfume. Wear plain, light-colored clothing.
- Be careful to not aggravate a stinging insect that may approach you, be calm and try to avoid sudden movements.
- Remove litter and debris from yard.
- Be very careful when operating vibrating equipment, such as lawnmowers, chain saws, and weed trimmers etc.
- Carefully check all line-dried clothing prior to bringing any of it inside the house.
- Do not leave shoes, boots, drinks, food, clothing items and towels outdoors and check these items as well when bringing them indoors or taking a sip or bite from sugary drinks or foods.
- Always protect your feet and wear shoes when working or playing outside.
- Look before you place your hand under or into something, especially rocks or small openings.
- Periodically check your yard for any new nests or homes for other creatures, before allowing young children to play outside.
ENJOY THE WONDERFUL NEW SEASON THAT IS UPON US AND DO NOT FORGET TO SLOW DOWN . . . STOP AND SMELL THE FLOWERS . . . BUT CHECK FOR POLLINATORS FIRST! 😉